Select a page
Call us Now: 02 8065 5668

Backpackers & Students: Your Tax Return is now due

a student working on a tax return on a laptop

The date for filing your Australian Tax Return is upon us. If you have not filed your tax return for the year July to June 2016 don’t panic. Just call or email us immediately.


Phone: +61 2 8065 5668

Backpacker tax refunds are Accountants and Registered Tax Agents, ideally placed for backpackers and students living and working in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

If you live in the following suburbs please contact us. We are well located to assist you with your tax return.

Coogee, Bondi, Bondi Junction, Randwick, Surry Hills, Kings cross, Clovelly and Maroubra

We have been working with Backpackers and students for many years. We understand the dynamics of the Australian tax system and therefore we can help maximise your situation. The amount you are taxed whilst you work in Australian can vary and it’s possible that you may be able to get a refund.

The latest changes announced by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) that come in to effect from 1 October will impact on your earnings.

The thing to note is we are aware of the changes and can help you navigate your way through the Australian tax system. We ensure that when you complete your tax return all the right boxes have been ticked and you are going to be in a position where the tax you have to pay is the correct amount. If it is not and deductions have been made that should have not been made we can recover these funds for you. In many cases employers may deduct more tax than you should pay over a financial year. On average tax refunds can be around $2600. The level of refund depends on many factors such as when you arrived in Australia, how much you earned and so on.

Check out the link below there is a raft of changes.

Special notice to Students attending the University of New South Wales and The University of Sydney.

We are registered Australian Tax Agents and we specialise in assisting foreign students file their tax returns.

The University of New South Wales is located in Kensington Sydney NSW 2052, if you are studying there we can help you with your Australian tax return. We are happy to help students who might feel bewildered by the requirements of the Australian Tax Office and we will discuss your specific needs with you.

We are also well placed to help foreign students attending the University of Sydney who need our help as Registered Tax Agents. Call us and find out if you are due a tax refund for the last financial year.

Apart from checking that your employer did not tax you too much, there are other issues such as your Medicare levy and Superannuation that impact on what you pay and what you can claim back. There are also expenses that you might not have claimed. We can advise you on what bills to keep and submit with your tax return as legitimate tax deductions.

The most important thing to remember is that we are experience and are Registered Australian Tax agents. Our knowledge and experience will put you in a place where you can benefit from getting the right tax advice and therefore ensuring you are paying the right amount of tax whilst in Australia.


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *