Select a page
Call us Now: 02 8065 5668

Tax refunds for 417 working holiday visa holders

Phone: +61 2 8065 5668

Backpacker’s tax refunds are based in Sydney, we are well placed to deal with any of your tax issues whether you are in Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, and Darwin or in regional Australia.
If you are already back in your country of origin we can help you finalise your tax affairs.
Contact us if you need help or advice when completing your Australian tax return. We are accountants and registered tax agents.

The Australian tax year ends at the end of June 2016. If you have not filed you tax return please contact us. It’s important to have your tax affairs in order. Make sure you have all your pay slips and if you incurred any work related expenses please have these available. If you do not have pay slips then we can help recover these from your employer.

If you are leaving Australia and need help with your documentation then give us a call or send us an email and we will arrange for the collection of missing documents, conditions apply. We can pay your tax refund into your bank account in your country of origin if required.

What effects your tax refund?

  • The date you arrive
  • How long you worked in Australia
  • What you earned
  • Medicare levy
  • Super annulation

At present these can be recovered but the law is changing.
Reciprocal health care agreement exist between Australia and the following countries. (RHCA) with the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden, the Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Norway, Slovenia, Malta and Italy. These working holiday agreements entitle you to some subsidised health services for essential medical treatment while visiting Australia.
We strongly recommend that you discuss your rights with a tax accountant to ensure you are being charge the correct amount in terms of your Medicare levy. We will advise you as to the best way to minimise your taxes deductions. There are thresholds that the Australian government specifies. These are applied to your earnings and a percentage of income is deducted by your employer, these funds are used to fund Australian Health System.

We recommend the following accommodation establishments if you are planning to Stay in Sydney.
When you are staying in the places mentioned below, please feel free to approach the friendly reception staff and ask for our contact details. You can be sure that our accommodation partners will be more than happy to get you in touch with us.

The English Lodge
Address: 125 Crystal St, Petersham NSW 2049
Phone: 1800 888 887

The property is only a 3 minute walk from Petersham station and a 15 minute train ride form the Sydney CBD

Addison’s Travellers Lodge
In Australia – 1800 888 887
International callers – 00612 9550 5546 9am-5pm Monday – Saturday AEST
Address: 12 Addison Road, Marrickville NSW 2204

If you found the information and services mentioned above helpful call us right now or email us and begin your tax refund process.
Phone: +61 2 8065 5668


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *